[Gpdd] GPDD (Care) probiotic article from Guinea Lynx

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 02:41:30 EST 2011

The following article is about using probiotic formulations made for horses. The similarities are the diet of piggies and hoses, like forage and hay, the dissimilarities include a different gut system, for instance no cecals.  So read this keeping in mind its all about horse or even chickens as the article suggests. These products would come from a horse feed store and used in much smaller dosages than for horses and comes in many forms.  I’m not saying I recommend it but it hits points we agree on, mainly that normally plenty of friendly bacteria are present, but that supplementation may be very beneficial in speeding up the recovery of a healthy population after stress or antibiotics.  We also know that a sick piggy being feed Critter Be Better Critical Care is getting probiotics already.  Since it agreed by experts that the probiotics in yogurt digest milk, not hay, pellets, and roughage and that yogurt isn’t a normal piggy food I think this is worth a read and maybe some conversation among us.  Sammy and Sandy
http://www.guinealynx.info/probiotics_horses.html