[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Candle-Light Memorial March 9

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 10:20:27 EST 2011

Dear GPDDers,
This is Gordon, the GP here.  My Mama tried to send a post yesterday, but it did
not get saved or sent, so I am helping her out.
I hope everyone and everypig will light a candle on March 9th, at 8:00 pm, for
our Annual Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting.  I think it is the very best
way to remember Peter Gurney, our GPDDers who are no longer with us, and all of
our guinea pigs and other pets who are now with Peter Gurney at the Rainbow
Bridge.  I want to especially remember Caplin Rous this year.  He was a capybara
who became a famous pet in Texas, and he passed away a few months ago.  He
looked a lot like a GP, but he was huge (like 100 pounds).

This is our 6th Memorial Candle Lighting and after you light a candle, just send
a post to me or to the GPDD, telling us where you are.  We will post a list of
everywhere that a candle was lit on the Digest.  Last year my co-slave William
and my friend Tex made a map and now it is on the GPDD Homepage where you can
see it.

I think that lighting a candle is the best way to remember those who are no
longer with us.  If we all light a candle at 8:00 pm, the light will move around
the world, in each time zone, and all of our friends at the Rainbow Bridge will
see it.  It will be very special, and you will feel good to be a part of it.

Please tell your friends that they can light a candle, too, and you can even
send them this post from me!
Weeee will be lighting our candle on March 9th and hope that you will too!

Gordon the GP
(Remembering Reese)