[Gpdd] MISC: How do you cope?

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 2 11:36:57 EST 2011

Dear Corrine,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Snoopy was indeed a special little guy, and I have no doubt he knew how much you loved him and enjoyed his long and happy life with you very much.  In a way, our piggies are much wiser than we are in that, while they live much shorter lives than we do, they make the most of that time by living in the "now", luxuriating in whatever life has to offer at that moment --- a cozy place to sleep, a tasty snack, a piggie friend to gossip with.   Snoopy had you and Michael to thank for filling his life with all those good things.

Losing one of these little sweeties never gets easy (and I would not want it to), but each one teaches me something new that I try to carry forward, and having lived through the sadness so many times before, I now know that I will eventually come out the other side so the grief does not feel bottomless anymore.  Each of us grieves in our own way, and I believe we also grieve each passing in a different way --- I do think I have gotten better at figuring out how I need to go about it on that particular occasion and just getting on with it.  Fortunately, there are always my remaining beasties demanding supper and kisses to keep me "living in the now", too!

Thinking of you and Michael,

                                                                                      Pat S.