[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Memorial Candle Lighting Reminder

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 14:23:49 EST 2011

Dear GPDDers,
Just another reminder about the 6th Annual Peter Gurney Candle Lighting that
will take place on Wednesday, March 9, 2011, at 8:00 pm.  This is our annual
event to remember Peter Gurney, our GPDDers, and our guinea pigs and other pets
who are no longer with us.

All you need to do is light a candle on March 9th, at or around 8:00 pm, in your
particular time zone.  As candles are lit in the different time zones, the light
of rememberance will move around the world, and will be seen by everyone and
every pet at the Rainbow Bridge.

My guinea pig Gordon tells me that this is a very special occasion, and he hopes
that everyone will participate.  Afterwards, just send a post to the GPDD or to
me directly, telling me where your candle was lit, and we will post it on the
Digest, both as a list and on a map, for all to see.

This year we will also be remembering Caplin Rous, the pet capybara, who passed
away in January 2011.  Capybaras are like giant guinea pigs, and Caplin Rous was
a beloved and famous pet in Texas.

So, Mark your calendars for March 9th, and be sure to light a candle at or
around 8:00 pm.  Tell others about this, too.  The more points of light, the
better!  We will be lighting ours!

Audrey, William, and Gordon the GP
(Remembering our Reese)