[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Reminder for Candle Lighting March 9th

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 16:34:49 EST 2011

Me again, here to remind you that you are invited to participate in the annual
Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting, on Wednesday, March 9th, at 8:00 pm, in
your particular time zone.

All you need to do is light a candle in honor of Peter Gurney, who passed away
in July 2006 in England.  He was a world-authority on guinea pigs and still
remains one of our best sources of information through his books and web sites.
Our first candle lighting took place when we learned of his death and we have
held a candle-lighting each year since on March 9th - his birthday, to remember
him.  This is our sixth Memorial.

The memorial includes our dear GPDD friends, guinea pigs and other pets who are
no longer with us, including Caplin Rous, our capybara relative who left us in
January.

As candles are lit in our respective time zones, the light will move around the
world.  This is our collective way to remember Mr. Gurney, our GPDD friends, and
all of the piggies who are with them at the Rainbow Bridge.

After we do this, if you send me a post (either to the GPDD or to my email), I
will compile a list of all the places were a candle was lit and post it on the
GPDD.

So mark you calendars and light a candle on March 9th at 8:00 pm.  More
information on Peter Gurney can be found on the GPDD home page.

Audrey, William, and GP Gordon (remembering our Reese)