[Gpdd] MISC.- Thank you everyone for the welcome & piglet update

Anneli Cochrane arcochrane at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:41:40 EDT 2011

Thank you everyone for welcoming me so heartily to the digest. Also, thanks
to those who sent me pigtures of their pigs! I really liked looking at them.
I am not sure exactly how I share pigtures of my pigs with the digest but I
will try and figure it out.

Penny & Piggyfriends, I noticed some of your pigs at your rescue are either
textels or merino's? My girl piglet is the product of 2 straight haired
Sheltie's, and she came out looking like a poodle! (the boy has straight fur
like his parents). I think she is going to be a textel but I am not sure. Is
this common in these types of pigs? Of course I haven't seen the
grandparents, so their may be some curly recessive genes going on there.
Little boy piglet, whom I've decided to name Leo, has an eye infection in
one of his eyes right now; I got some antibiotic ointment for it. Hopefully
it clears up soon, I feel so bad for him! Other than that, they are running
around and being happy little piglets!

Jean from Illinois, I will contact you if I ever am looking for another pig
since you are relatively close! I have always wanted to get a pig from a
rescue.