[Gpdd] MISC.- Thank you everyone for the welcome & piglet update

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Mar 22 12:01:54 EDT 2011

Anneli,

I hope that Leo's eye is soon on the mend. I had a Leo many years ago - a
golden Alpaca with ruby eyes, the father of Snickers, who was instrumental
in my joining this lovely group of piggy lovers.

I have taken in a few pregnant sows over the years and I never know how the
babes are going to look. A white Rex called Cloud had five smooth coated
babes, two white and three multi coloured. Father, who came in with her, was
a red self smooth coated..

An Abby called Ginger, although she was a tricolour, had four daughters, two
Peruvian, one Rex and one Texel. Three of them are still on my picture site.
I never saw father so I don't know what he was like.

Recessive genes play a great part in determining how our little ones will
look but even pure bred babes can go awry.

I don't know if you have been a member long enough to read my story of my
new boy, Otto. Long story cut short. He is the produce of a white Peruvian
prize winning show boar, whose owner wanted to carry on the line. She sent
her boar to be mated with a pure bred white Peruvian sow, expecting some all
white babes and got back three black and white ones of which my Otto has the
most white in his coat. These were useless for showing and she took them to
a rescue, from which Otto came to me.

They are all lovely no matter what their coats!

If you would like to share pigtures of your little herd just set up an
account with Photobucket or Flickr. Both are free and easy to use. Once you
have it set up you just have to upload your own photos and post the link to
the GPDD. If I can do this, anybody can!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.