[Gpdd] Piglets

debrastory at aol.com debrastory at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 17:51:22 EDT 2011

Wow, do baby piglets ever grow fast!  Rusty, my new little boar, whom I
adopted at three weeks of age, is already getting almost as big as
Nicky, his brother adopted at two months of age. Both were adopted at
the Peoria cavy show from two separate breeders.  Nicky was more than
twice Rusty's age, but the breeder that sold me Rusty told me that he
was going to be a big boy.  I guess she meant it, because he is getting
almost as big as Nicky already!  I have added some pictures to my
photobucket page to show you all how much the two of them have grown -
especially Rusty.  My husband and I have also added a tube to our CC
cavy condo so that Rusty and Nicky can tube back and forth between
their two sections.  Boy do they love it!  They run back and forth
through that tube until they get tired.  They also like to stand in it
and look around, since it gives them a higher point from which to view
their world.  Baby pigs are soooo cute!  We were not sure when we added
the tube if they would use it, but obviously it was a good choice.
They are really enjoying it.  I hope they continue to use it when they
get older.  It doubles their space and allows them to visit with each
other.  Let's hope they continue to get along when they get older.  If
they don't, I guess we will be blocking off a tube! LOL  So far, so
good.  They spend most of their relaxing time sharing the same section,
as they did when we first adopted them.  They were so little then, that
they had plenty of room in one section.  Now they need more room.  The
more the better with boars.  I hope you can all get at least a little
idea of how the condo setup looks from the photobucket pictures.  The
newest photos are first on my home page.  One of these days I am going
to try to post a video to the page so you can see them playing.  Have
any of you tried posting videos?
The photobucket page is as follows:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/cavygal/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Hugs and Piggy Kisses From,