[Gpdd] MISC: Dilemma --- It's a Boy!

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 28 17:18:18 EDT 2011

Sadly, my little piggie tribe is still holding at five members.

Turns out the only one of Pixie's babies who hasn't been adopted and is still out at the shelter is the one boy of the litter!   A girl would have been easy: she could just have gone in with Pixie right away.  A boy is not impossible, but requires some more thought.

The problem is basically this: because I am still such a coward about bonding, none of my piggies are caged together.  The girls and boys each get out for floor time with the other girls or boys, and everyone gets along fairly well, but there is still a certain amounting of bickering from time to time which makes me nervous about caging them together.  Probably just a matter of letting them sort things out amongst themselves, but what if someone was getting bullied and couldn't get away from their tormentor when I was asleep or out of the house?

As a result, my pig room is already FULL to capacity with five NIC cages, and no space to expand without cutting into their already-limited exercise area (which is mainly the little pathways remaining around each cage --- also useful for cage-cleaning access).  As it is, I only freed up the floor space to put together a 2 grids by 3 grids cage for Pixie yesterday by moving the chest with cleaning/grooming supplies out of the pig room and into my bedroom next door.

So, I need someone to talk some sense into me!  I just need to pair up some of these pigs and get down to it, right???

                                                                                                         Pat S.