[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Puff chooses the Big Girl Cage

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 29 20:36:36 EDT 2011

Puff has lived on the dresser right by my bed for the entire time I had her. I'd put her in the big C&C cage in the living room for exercise and to keep her safe during cage cleaning. She spent eight days at my sister's, being spoiled, of course. I left the Cleanfresh there, so it was shredded newspaper that night. She refused to leave her sleeping bag. The next day I put her in her Big Girl Cage (C&C) and she sang as she's never sung before, commenting on everything and sharing her piggie insights on life and love and food and all things piggie. Later, as always, she'd go into her sleeping bag to be transferred back to the bedroom cage. Then, last night, for the first time, she chose not to stay in the bag for me to pick it up. She, in no uncertain terms, said she's a big girl now and doesn't have to sleep by Mommyslave's bed. This is happening just as my elder son has just moved out. They're all growing up. Sigh! She loves her new place. She even
 jumped onto her log tunnel and checked out the view from there. Maybe it's time for a new piggie? Nah. But if Gary brought one home, I sure wouldn't mind. That's how I've gotten my last two. The first he simply brought home after Vrie died. The second he located by phone and told me I simply HAD to see it. He just KNEW.

We'll see...

Joanie