[Gpdd] MISC: update on piglets

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 30 19:45:35 EDT 2011

Anneli-
Sexing baby piggies can be pretty tricky so don't feel bad. It takes some practice. I have always separated my foster piggies from their mom at 3 weeks to be sure. I don't like taking chances. Funny enough, with the foster bunnies I had, I was sure that 2 were definitely boys & 1 was definitely a girl because of how they acted. But one of the ones I thought was a boy actually turned out to be a girl. I was so surprised because she was more aggressive & humping some of the others. I always associated that behavior with boys. One of the ones I thought was a girl was actually a boy. He was so sweet & shy & liked to be with his mom that I was sure he was a girl. So yeah, it's tricking sexing any of our little critters. I would separate your boy at 3 weeks to prevent any little surprises. Good luck!
~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty?ga_search_query=aintthatcrafty&ga_search_type=seller_usernames