[Gpdd] Where is Algernon?: a message from Onyx and Velvet

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Thu May 12 03:58:37 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Some of you might have noticed that after a wintersleep we have picked up
the Remembering Alge Blog. For those of you who are new to the digest; the
original Alge was an active slave on the digest and a dear friend to many of
us. When she passed away in 2010 we set up a blog for condoleances from us,
for the family. Shortly after Alge passed away, a rat was found in the UK by
M's father on a parking lot. The rat found a new forever home with him and
was named Algernon by M. At the same time my sister Mieke (pandameisje aka
Mikey) discovered Mookie's blog (through twitter) with a stuffed toy who was
about to travel the world. After talking about it with me and M, the idea
for the journey of Algernon Rat was born. Algernon the Rat has travelled
through Australia, France, the Netherlands and the UK. He's currently still
in Australia:

Message from Onyx and Velvet

Whee know where Algeron Rat was on the 12th of March, he was here in Oz
celebrating our 2nd birthdays. Read and see more?
http://rememberingalge.blogspot.com/2011/05/message-from-onyx-and-velvet.html

Team Algernon Rat
(Janneke, M and Mieke)
p.s. we have heard rumours that Algernon Rat is going to the US soon ;-)