[Gpdd] Announcement: Lily and Daisy turn 1!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:23:04 EDT 2011

Dear fellow guinea pig lovers,

I'm happy to announce that my 'little' Lily has turned one today (12 May)
and her 'little' sister (or actually aunt) Daisy will be turning one
tomorrow (13 May)!
Both now weigh in at a little over 1100 grammes (about 2.42 pounds (lbs)),
so they are not little any more!

Unfortunately, all my pigs have a fungus at the moment,
so after starting a new round of medicine (called itradrops, active
ingredient is itraconosole)
tonight, I will have to make up with them with a big pile of veggies!!
(any tips on getting rid of the fungus are welcome, I have and will have to
be cleaning their cage
and utensils a lot... throwing out all their wooden houses, and hayrack).

If you are wondering how Daisy who is a day younger is also Lily's aunt:
Apparently Daisy's father Rakker, was also the father of Lily's mom.
So they were born from two different nests,
we got they from two different places in the Netherlands,
but they are somehow related!

They are doing really great, very active. Lily is very fond of dear old
Chico.
And Daisy copies every thing that Woopy does!

They will have to be spoilt today and tomorrow,
Happy birthday to our 'little' girls!

Slaves Mikey and Erwin