[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bianca (Stones ?)

Kathleen Geoghegan kmgeoghegan at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:24:28 EDT 2011

Dear all, I hope someone with experience of piggies with stones will be
able to help us.  I think my lady pig Bianca (almost 2 years old) has a
stone, she is ill and I am really worried about her but I will not be able
to get her to a vet until tomorrow morning.

She is passing blood (small amounts but visible), I can not see that she is
able to pass urine, she keeps hunching and squeaking :(  I have checked on
guinealynx and it looks like these are all symptoms of bladder stones, I
know this is really serious but what should I do to try to look after her
until we can get her to the vet?

If she can't urinate should we give her water or not ??  I am just
following the advice I have found so far and massaging her tummy, giving
her warm baths and trying to help her relax, I really wish there was
something else we can do, does anyone have any ideas??  thank you, Katie