[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bianca (Stones ?)

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:46:17 EDT 2011

Katie,

I hope that, by now, your vet has been able to treat Bianca.

I have only ever had one sow with a stone that could not be "milked" out
manually and that was my Mir, who had one visibly stuck and could not pass
it. Even so, she was still able to urinate. A small cut and my
Rodentologist was able to remove the stone instantly. I don't think Mir
knew that anything was wrong.

Maybe Bianca only has a UTI, for which I have lots of suggestions. Piggies
can pass blood with a UTI and do hunch and squeak so maybe this is not as
bad as it seems.

Paws crossed for Bianca. Do let us know how she is getting on.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.