[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE> Two new Piggyfriends are coming.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:44:21 EDT 2011

Jaime,

In her favour, she did pay for the little boy's operation but I agree with
you - of course no piggies should be outside, especially in the winter.
Piggies were traditionally kept in hutches outside here, just like rabbits
and it will take a long time to educate people to believe otherwise. As
long as pet shops sell hutches, people will buy them and never consider an
indoor cage. Mine have always been indoors and I have had some odd looks
and comments from visitors over very many years but what is the point of
keeping piggies if you only see them when you venture outside? How can you
see if one needs medical attention if you only visit them at night with a
torch ( should I say flashlight? )

I have a shed full of hutches that have been donated along with a piggy but
I only use them as shelters in the exercise pens when the piggies go out
for a run in the summer. They have not seen much use these last three
summers as the weather has been abysmal. Maybe next year.

I don't know where this rescue is but I may find out more about it when I
visit my Rodentologists to collect these little boars. People bring piggies
to see them from all over the country so it may not be local.They are
pleased to treat any piggy in need and, without frightening people away, do
their utmost to instil in owners the the correct way to look after piggies.

Rant over for today. Have a good day.

Hugs for Mimi and a wave for Captain Phil., not forgetting Maisey and the
babes in utero.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.