[Gpdd] Gpdd (Health) (Stones)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 22:53:01 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

In warm regards to Katie, if your piggie, Bianca, has a stone: if you can
get a Niagra Cyclo massage pad (I got one on ebay, used, for about $80 US;
it was worth it), and Rowatinex capsules (you can get them on Amazon; also
Smallflower:  www.smallflower.com  ) and give one/two rowatinex caps (give
with food) a day; and put piggie on the massage pad once a day, at least,
for 20 minutes. Put the massage level on at level '5' and increase to '10'
slowly, then decrease back to '5' during the 20 minutes. Also, supplement
piggie with water via a 1 milliliter syringe, preferably reverse osmosis
water or spring water. Ann Evans recommends reverse osmosis. Here where I
live in America it can be purchased at the supermarket; you just refill
your own one gallon jug, for 50 cents.  if she has a stone it is soo
important to make sure the piggie gets enough water, between 40-90 mL.  I
hope you are able to take piggie to the vet for an x-ray.
I noticed my Cocoa --who is Hina'u and Li'l Red and Merary's brother--had
lost weight so I took him in to Dr. King and discovered he has a small
bladder stone.  He had a urine test too, and had a urinary tract infection,
so he is on sulfatrim, 0.6 mL twice a day for 2 weeks.  I am supplementing
feeding with critical care as well. I am also giving him at least 50 mg of
Vit. C daily.
Cocoa is not well enough for surgery because of the UT infection, but
hopefully, with the rowatinex, it will dissolve and the sediment pass in
his urine.
He is also getting Children's ibuprofen -- at 0.4 mL twice daily for two
weeks then dosage is reduced to half for the third week. I ordered rimadyl
so we will be using that.
This is all information I received from Ann Evans who I beleive is still
away from the internet at this time.  I really hope it is of help.
Warm regards,
Ellen