[Gpdd] Misc- question from a newbie

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 04:40:33 EST 2011

Belated welcome Paula and piggies.

I know that Himalayan piggies are born white and gradually acquire their
colour points as they grow. Their colours are not all the same but like
those on a Siamese cat. The only Himmie that has ever made his way to my
little rescue was an adult at the time so he stayed the same colour. Your
Pablo might not be a pure bred Himayalan but possess some of the
characteristics of the breed.

Other piggies living here have had coats that changed over time. My mother
and daughter, Ash and Sylvie, who started as silver agoutis became much
paler in their old age and Dandelion, a red and white Dutch has recently
grown a darker patch on her back.

So it would seem that their colours are not fixed.

Whatever their colour, we love them all.

Penny and the Piggyfriends ( a piggy sanctuary in England ).

http://s720.photobucket.com/profile/Piggyfriends