[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Possible stone pig

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sat Nov 26 18:21:31 EST 2011

Dear Kristin,
  It may be too late for your cavy. I have removed stones from 7.5 year
old male cavies but in this case it sounds like he has a blockage and
possible kidney failure. You can go to my web page and read about
urinary tract infections and stones in guinea pigs.
http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=4#Urinary_Tract_Infections_2
He needs immediate veterinary care. You can give him 0.4 ml orally of
children's ibuprofen for the pain twice a day until you can get him to a
vet.I am not a vet but I volunteer as a cavy health advisor for Dr.
Frank Bonsack DVM of the Adventure Animal Hospital in Tampa Florida.
http://adventureanimalhospital.com/
We have removed many stones from guinea pigs.
Best Wishes,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.