[Gpdd] [Health]George

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sun Nov 27 08:22:14 EST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Health]George
Date: 	Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:20:34 -0500
From: 	Evelyn Baker <ebak at ca.inter.net>
To: 	kris30 at hotmail.co.uk

I just read your post in the GPDD. Keep George hydrated. I would give
him a mixture apple juice and water to increase his electrolytes as well
as plain water.  He should have Critical Care which is a ground up
pellet formula with nutrients and probiotics. If you can't get that try
soaking pellets in water until they are a slurry and feeding it to him.
Call your vet back as soon as possible. At George's age it could be
anything. Keep him comfortable and warm.

My vet would give my guinea pig a vitamin C/B shot to help her appetite
when she was his age and stopped eating.

Evelyn