[Gpdd] rainbow bridge: Abbigail (from the Misfits)

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 4 15:30:50 EDT 2011

It is with much sadness that I must tell you of the passing of our sweet old gal
Abbigail from the misfits on Oct 2. She was one of the oldest pigs here. She
came to live with the misfits with her sister Annabelle on May 20, 2008. We were
told the gals were 2 years of age then and had been adopted out twice before and
brought back twice.  When we took the gals in they were filthy dirty. Nails
curled to the paws and Abbigail potty on me immediately when I took her out of
her filthy cage. That was not to stop me from bringing those lovely girls home.
My daughter Grace was with me when I found them. They were at a local petco here
in Moline, and the clerk begged us to take them. She told us they were filthy
dirty and no one would want them. Awww how could someone say that.. well she
gave us both pigs, food, ground, and cage with other treats for 10 dollars if we
would take them right then. Of course we just had to say yes. How could I leave
these lovely girls.
So Grace and I took them home and cleaned them up and scrubbed that cage till it
shined.

Turns out that Abbigail and her sister just stole our hearts. She ( Abby) soon
became known to my son as "Bubbles" as she made the most lovely bubbly sound
when held.

Well on August 8th of this year Abbigail lost the use of her back legs. She
still continued to eat, drink, and get herself around with just the front paws.
We decided if she had that much ambition to keep a going we would help her keep
a going. Every nite and morning she got a "bottom" bath and I put Vaseline on
her to stop any urine scaled, and her and Annies cage got cleaned twice a day.We
adopted some changes to the cage so she could easily eat and drink with the
abbilty she now had. She kept a going as long as she could.  Such a proud pig
she was.  So much loved. She was the pigger that my husband Andy would put on
his chest and she would cuddle up to his neck and wrap herself around it and
"bubble" to take his stress away. She was a full figured gal that was just so
lovable with her very large eyes. That morning when Abby could no longer go on
she had a stroke, my husband Andy held her on his chest while she passed in the
wee hours of the morning. We pet and loved her up and told her what a brave
sweet girl she was. We cried  as we lost our sweet baby girl that no one wanted.
She sure  touched our hearts in a big way. We will miss our dear sweet  sweet
Abby. So very much loved that little girl was and always will be.

Missing our Abby so much that it hurts,
Jean & Andy and the misfits