[Gpdd] HEALTH - Urgent Joey problem/s - URGENT, URGENT

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:31:13 EDT 2011

Dear Julie,

It takes too long for a message to go through the GPDD  system and by now
you will have seen the vet with Joey.

I could only hazard a guess at this new problem. Your descriptions are very
good but nothing is the same as seeing a piggy. I'll guess that he must have
some kind of blockage and hope that your vet knows what to do. You have done
all that you can at home for colic, if that is what he is suffering. I would
have added a dose of Infacol as well, if I suspected colic.

I've never had a piggy needing surgery for any kind of stone and hope that
someone else has an idea but I did lose a piggy to a twisted gut and my
Rodentologists said that nothing could have been done to prevent or cure it.

It is so unfair that one little piggy should be so cursed with illness and I
send my love and best wishes for both him and yourself.

Take care.

Penny and the Piggyfriends. ( all advice given as a result of nearly 40
years of piggy care from my own experience and the best teachers of all,
Peter Gurney and my Rodentologists. )