[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE A new Piggyfriend is coming

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:32:04 EDT 2011

Hello friends,

You might remember the story of my Otto, who had such a convoluted journey
on his way to becoming a Piggyfriend. Quick resume. His breeder gave him to
a rescue because he was not up to show standard. The rescuer was then sick
and had a friend care for him and some other piggies. Then they were
returned to the rescue when she recovered. Then Otto came to our
Rodentologists for a check up as he has a slight head tilt and he was
rehomed to us. Then we found out that the breeder is the gardener where
Kevin, one of my sons, works and little Otto could have just been brought
into work and given to him in the first place, saving weeks of upheaval.

Last week, the gardener asked Kevin if he knew anyone who could take on a
piggy. Silly question!  All piggies are welcome here. Apparently she has
bred another of her show pigs and one of the litter is of the wrong
colouration for showing so he needs a home.

She lives not far from us so she is dropping him off on her way to work
tomorrow morning. Neither of us have seen him yet but Kevin was told that he
is a long-haired grey with a black face. As Otto is a Peruvian, I guess that
the newcomer will be too. Maybe she only shows Peruvians. I don't know. She
wants to give him a bath and a haircut before he comes.

More exciting news tomorrow and pigtures soon.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, eagerly awaiting their new friend.