[Gpdd] Health: Re: Friday losing weight

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 19:07:59 EDT 2011

Cindy,
What pellets are you feeding Friday?  My Luke went through a fairly large weight loss over the summer.  After blood work, teeth exam, x-ray, and all sorts of prodding with all results normal, the vet asked me to bring him in simply to observe.  She gave him Cavy Cuisine and he started eating like a famished pig.  Turns out that he doesn't like the new Essentials.  I'm hoarding the old Cavy Cuisine and putting it into vacuum-sealed bags.  Sooner or later though, I'll have to start mixing them and get him turned over to Oxbow Cavy Essentials.  Meanwhile, he's gained back every last gram that he lost.

Just a thought.  Hope Friday starts putting on weight soon!

Janet, a hefty Luke & Saralea