[Gpdd] MISC Pigture of new Piggyfriend

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 05:05:03 EDT 2011

After much deliberation, I have named my new little boy Rafferty.

You can see a pigture of him here. He is a pure bred Peruvian but has had a
haircut for comfort and ease of getting around. I cut his fringe so that he
can see out and so that I can see his dear little face. I am never going to
show a pig so it doesn't matter.

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/ww201/Piggyfriends/?action=view&current=Rafferty3.jpg

He sat so nicely for pigtures to be taken and this was the best one. Because
he is so dark, his eyes do not show up very well in the other pigtures. He
was rewarded with a pile of grass afterwards. Grass seems to be his absolute
favourite food. As his previous owner is a gardener like me, he is used to
foraged foods and much prefers sow thistles, dandelions and chickweed etc.
to regular veg. No problem there as all the Piggyfriends have forage. I
introduced him to veggies when he was having laptime and he was quite happy
for me to feed him slices but ignores them when he is in his pen. No doubt
he will start to eat them when he is introduced to the rest of the herd and
will see them eating other foods.

When I saved this photo, I was reminded of Janneke's Jan the Boar. Any long
term members see the resemblance?

Penny and the Piggyfriends.