[Gpdd] Announcement: Benny (misfit)

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 31 15:56:15 EDT 2011

 Well everyone and everypig we have added a new addition to our group. I would
like to introduce "Benny".   He was at the Iowa shelter. He was left there in a
box during the nite on Oct 26th.  When Andy and I saw him he looked so dirty,
skinny, and his little nails were unbelievable long.  Andy lifted him from the
cage they had him in and his little skin is soo dry and and his little body is
so thin that its just a shell really of a guinea pig.
So we decided he needed to come home with us right then and there. He has the
crazy hair and is a carmel color. They humane society gave us a cage for him as
well.  I think they felt bad for him as well.  He just sat so quiet in my hands
on the way home.  Never made a sound. Got him home and trimmed those nails first
of all.  Then he got a bath and clean cage with fresh water, hay and food.  He
seemed pleased.  Then gave him a bit of fresh vegs. Only a small amount as not
sure how his tummy was doing yet.  He  did finally do a small potty in the
corner of cage. He did eat a small amount of food.  And then this morning we
finally got to see two small poos.  I was so glad to see that.
After i got off work today there were a few more poos so at least we know that
part is all working.
He looks like a different pig already. He weighed in at a small amount of 599
grams. And he is full grown.  I will be glad to see Benny put on some weight.
So with great happiness we introduce our "little" Benny.
Jean & Andy and the many misfits