[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Hurricane irene/Algernon

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 3 13:10:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

Joe and I were in Wyoming on vacation when Irene hit our area.  We could not get a flight home when planned and had to extend our vacation 4 days.  Four extra days in Jackson Hole wasn't bad! Our pig sitter was able to continue piggy care for the extra days and our sons made sure our house was okay.  The power was out a few days but was back on when we got home.  I had bought trip cancellaction insurance which will help pay for our extra lodging, car rental and food costs.

Algernon was a great travel companion.  He never complained about anything.  He is in need of a bath and will get one today.  I will post his pictures ASAP.  He has way too much stuff traveling in his suitcase making shipping him expensive.  If it is okay with you all I will lighten his load by removing duplicate items.  I suggest he only take post cards from his travels and not heavier items in the future.

AR really enjoyed the buffalos and Old Faithfull.  He got to see horses and sit on a saddle, too. As soon as he is ready to continue his travels I will send him to Audrey in Maryland.

Dee who was missing Zoe and June while on vacation.