[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Chirping

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 8 14:15:06 EDT 2011

Maggie woke up my husband in the middle of the night. He thought she was having her babies, but she was actually chirping! Too bad I slept through it! All my piggies have chirped except for The Blob, who we're guessing was deaf, as she had blue eyes. Isn't it weird what kids'll name their pets? The Blob was one of their favorite supervillans. Of course, I'm no better. I've had cats named, Meer and Myrrh and Squeaker and a piggie named Vrie. They seem to name themselves sometimes.

Maggie has gotten SO wide! But she's unfazed by her condition, still trying to clamber over my arm to explore the carpet a yard or more down. Puff does that, too, and I've caught her in midair as she launched herself off the chair where we were supposedly having snuggle time. The rascal! Maybe I should have named her Amelia Earhart. From now on, playtime is in the pen I set up on the floor! I suspect Maggie will have similar aerobatic leanings. Those girls!

Joanie