[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Maggie had her babies!

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 04:48:14 EDT 2011

OMG! just last night we talked about them coming today (well day before
yesterday actually but I'm still up).  5 babies is allot so 4 live births
and a healthy mum is outstanding.  I am so sorry 1 is gone and I will light
a candle for the little one, but 5 is a  whole bunch and her health and age
history, even her care was unknown. Thank goodness for one month of Joanie
Care!!  And Maggie is fine!!!! You did a great job, which was mostly in her
superb care. Well I wonder what color the father is???   I forgot, what does
she look like? Could it be a black abby in past her I wonder?

BTW, you will be interacting with the babies right off and the babies take
their cue first from their mom and then from you, and Maggie already likes
you allot.  So the socialization will be a non issue. like you with Maggie
or Auntie Puff you are the bringer of healthful simple food, so you will be
their Auntie too right from the start.  I would make sure Maggie gets her
Vit. C foods or supplement and Alfalfa products for a bit, then start
bringing Timmy or grass hay into the mix so its not a sudden transition,
sometimes they prefer the alfalfa since its what they start on and resist
the switch.  Somebody with more experience in this area can advise when the
switch should be completed to all timmy or grass hay and pellets. I think
Auntie Penny  mentioned the Peter Gurney standby of milk and brown bread sop
during lactation and initial growth, and I'm not sure of the cut off there,
but I might guess 2 wheeks is enough time for the milk and bread routine.

Relax you are going to have sooooo much fun the days will just whiz by and
they will be grown. Have fun and Congrats to you and Maggie and Auntie Puff
and your 4 little black piggies. All the same color like they are
Yay! Can whee all be Aunties and Uncles?  Congrats all around  Aunt Sandy
and Unka Sammy