[Gpdd] Health; Sooty

M mfug at live.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 02:57:33 EDT 2011

Hi Julie, what you are describing sounds exactly how Spooky looked when he had conjuctivitis his eye was leaking, really sunken back into the socket and sore looking.

We tried several things before we found one that works the first suggestion is chloramphenical drops you can get these from the vet or if you buy optrex infected eye drops that is what they contain.

These didnt work for us eventually we got Fucithalmic ointment from the vet this is a POM so need a vet to prescribe it and that worked almost instantly.

The other thing is keep his eye clean we boiled water and allowed it to cool down so it was just warm and then gently bathed his eye to remove the gunge.

Hope this helps

Love to Sooty