[Gpdd] [Health] potassium foods help Kidney Stones

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 23:36:43 EDT 2011

>From a recent WebMD
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/potassium-sources-and-benefits?page=2

In a message about Potassium for Humans, WebMD mentions that Potassium is great for Blood pressure and Kidney Stones
I cant say for sure if it works well in Piggies, but guinea pig in medical terms are animals used in experiments (yuck) because their system works allot like humans in many ways. The below foods are from their high potassium list, these are the only foods listed in a piggy diet but a list can be Googled. Even so they are fruits and sugars must be kept minimal. I give Sammy a nub of banana often partly because you can hide pills in them. I also give him the stems from my fresh broccoli of which I eat lots, don’t chop so it will help wear down piggies teeth. But for your consideration:
a.. Broccoli, 1 cup, cooked: 457 mg   (High Vit. C too)
a.. Cantaloupe, cubed, 1 cup: 431 mg
a.. Banana, 1 medium: 422 mg