[Gpdd] Health: Lazarus update

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 16 23:24:27 EDT 2011

Dear GPDD Family,
Well I am very please to tell you that our dear mommas baby Lazarus went thru
surgery just fine and came home with two mighty large incision scares.  One on
his side where they removed a very large cyst and one under his lower tummy part
that had a very large tumor that had its own blood supply the Dr said, which I
really dont know what to think of that. It kind of wrapped around inside him, as
it kept growing at a fast rate of speed the last week here.  He came home same
day. He came home with pain meds and some meds to make him want to eat. It seems
to be working well for him as he hasn't missed a meal and is running around his
cage just fine. Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers for his recovery.

Thank you all for such kind words of sympathy for my sweet Ariel. Its still so
hard not to see her sweet face when the other two come up for treats.  She would
always be right there with them chirping as loud as she could!  Then tonite when
I was cleaning Abigail as she is paralyzed in the back legs now for over a
month. I noticed a very large lump on the side of her leg  that is always up. As
I gently washed it, it kind of broke open and out came lots and lots of white
thick cream stuff. I washed it till it was all out. It never bleed. now there is
a hole on her leg. I put some antibiotic cream on it I had gotten from dr when
Alana had her cyst popped.  Poor Abby, she just seems to take it all in stride.
She gets around her cage just as fast as if her back legs worked. She pulls
herself around to the water, hay and food.  She is such a sweet girl. Its
amazing how much zest for life no matter what stage they are in these little fur
babies have.

WEll I have rambled alot, I do that well.  Take care everyone and everypig. If
anyone would want to see Laz"s  incisions I would be more than happy to send
pigtures to you:)  I know that I am curious to see how pigs are doing when they
are recovering from issues they are going thru.
take care,
and thank you agian,
jean (misfits)