[Gpdd] Health: Lazarus update

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 07:36:54 EDT 2011

Jean and the Misfits,

We are all thrilled that Lazarus has come through his surgery so well. I
know how delighted you will be. I can remember my disbelief when my dear
Lima recovered from a similar surgery. It was very many years ago but she
was the first Piggyfriend to survive an op thanks to a new and brilliant vet
and I will never forget the joy I felt when I saw her wake up and start
eating her grass as though nothing had happened.

I would guess that Abigail had a sebaceous cyst that burst. The contents of
these are like cream cheese. Sometimes they make a repeat appearance so
watch out for that. My Rodentologist can remove the gland that lies beneath
the cyst ( without an anaesthetic ) and that ensures that the cysts do not
return. I know how to do it but am too squeamish to do it myself so I leave
it to the expert.

We love to hear all about the Misfits, especially when it is good news, so
you "ramble" all you like.

I would be interested to see Lazarus's pics. All good stuff for the
Piggyfriend Archives.

Extra hugs for brave piggies Lazarus and Abigail.

Penny and the Piggyfriends