[Gpdd] HEALTH: Pseudomonas infection

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 17 13:32:30 EDT 2011

The only treatment I know of that's pretty successful for this awful infection is the therapeutic use of (not for the squeamish) maggots, something that was discovered during the US Civil War. Surgeons wondered why soldiers left in the field for awhile fared better than many who were given treatment immediately. It didn't take long to figure out the answer. It is still used in humans for pseudomonas infections, as the sterilely-grown maggots target and destroy infected and rotting tissue. I know it's a long shot, but you could ask your vet about it.

Also, amp up the vitamin C and discuss any other supplements with his doctor.

Sending up prayers for sweet Joey, and for his devoted slaves,

Joanie