[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT- new foster houseguest!

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 20 19:43:10 EDT 2011

We received a new houseguest today. He is a guinea pig named Clover that we are fostering for the Humane League. They are inundated with small animals & have no more room so they are fostering some out to try to make room to move around in there. Some lady surrendered 30+ rats & has like 100+ more at home. The rats were all mixed together so they don't know what females are pregnant & it's a mess. They also have 10 rabbits & alot of mice. So Clover will be crashing with us until some space clears out. The cage card said they didn't know what sex he was, but it was pretty obvious upon looking that he is all boy! His age is unknown & the card said he was a stray, but the foster co-ordinator said she thinks someone just put it that way in the computer because no one seems to know his background story. He's a little shy around people. I don't think he's had much human contact & he's a little frowsy looking, but seems good-natured. His nails were so long they
 were curling under so I insisted he get a nail trim before I brought him home. So I held him while she trimmed & he is a big boy! He must weigh about 3&1/2-4 lbs! He is black & white. I will try to get some pics of him in the next few days. I'm just letting him get used to his new accommodations for now. So Clover can be a temporary member of the GPDD!

~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty