[Gpdd] HEALTH- Clover has a URI

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 25 20:02:02 EDT 2011

Well, I knew Clover needed me when I picked him to foster that day at the H.L. I noticed that day when I was holding him that he had some crust around his eye & said something but they didn't really answer me. Well now both eyes water & are crusty so I figure either a URI or conjunctivitis. It doesn't seem a like a URI cause his nose isn't crusty, but I did notice him sneezing some. So I got ahold of the foster person & told her & they gave me Tobramycin Opthalmic Solution for his eyes & something labeled Sulfamethoxazole (I can't read the handwriting too good) in case it's a URI. Is that the same as TMP/SMZ? The dosage is 1.15ml. twice a day for 14 days. That seems like a high dosage to me. A whole bunch of the rats they have have URIs so they want to treat him to be sure. The eye drops are 3-4 times a day. Can someone confirm these doses for me to be sure they are ok. The vet there does not know anything about piggies & the foster person says she
 calculated the dose for his AB. I just worry they did it wrong & I don't want to overdose him. I am fairly pissed at the condition of the small animals there & the inept way the place is being run. I know they have alot of animals to care for but the small critters seem to get left in the dust. The whole place is not being run well at all though. I just want to help the animals though. I'm so glad I brought him home or he would have just sat there sick. Or worse yet been adopted out sick. Then it turns out that after I left with him the foster person looked at some card or paper or something & he wasn't even supposed to be up for adoption. He was supposed to be on hold for the vet to look at & the vet never looked at him. ARRRGGGHHHH!!! At least he's with us for now. I just feel so bad for all the others stuck there. Sorry, I had to vent. =(

~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty