[Gpdd] Behavior: sudden dominance

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 09:19:13 EDT 2011

Can someone help me with my newest dilemma?
This morning I heard my female pigs making distress noises.
They were very upset!  After watching my herd (of 4) it was
Sweetie who was chasing the other three girls, humping them
(from front and back) and following each and every one.  The
other girls were squealing and running away and then Sweetie
would chase whoever was closest.  It was obvious that this was
not a game and my other girls were upset by it.  I just put
Sweetie into a separate cage until I can figure out what's best
for them all.
Any suggestions?  Nothing has changed for them and until now
they have all done fine, with an occasional chase from Sweetie.
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Joanne, Merri, Teddy, Baci, Sweetie, Sassy, Ellie

No one can save every animal,
but everyone can save one.
Please be that person.