[Gpdd] HEALTH: Forced weaning

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 30 13:38:22 EDT 2011

Yesterday I caught Skittles chasing his mom, rumblestrutting to beat the band. (where'd this underlining come from? I've tried to eliminate it, but to no avail). I put him in the cage they usually go to when I clean the cage. It was on top of the big cage. He screamed and cried for hours. Finally, I moved him to the living room on top of Puff's cage, where he continued his pitiful rant. He hasn't eaten much other than the grass, carrot bits, and romaine and dandelion greens I've fed him by hand. Today, he was so listless and subdued I broke down and returned him to his family. Within seconds he was reminding me of why I had to isolate him. Poor Maggie! And poor little Skittles. I'm hesitant to force feed him, as he's already a psychological wreck, and additional handling wouldn't help at this point. Meanwhile, I just hang out in front of his cage, offering nutritious tidbits and words of love and encouragement. If he hasn't eaten any of his hay within a
 couple more hours I suspect I'll be force feeding him regardless of the stress it causes the two of us.

Again, please forgive the underlining. Does anyone know how to make it stop???

Joanie