[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: responses to new foods

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 5 13:56:32 EDT 2012

Cilantro has evoked a similar response from most of my piggies. They take a pungent whiff, back up, and, as I slowly drag it away, they pursue it, approach and back off a couple more times, and then take a nibble. Doesn't matter how many times they've eaten it! Puff and Maggie absolutely hate vitamin C tabs. They sniff it, check around it to make sure it's not some cruel joke, concealing "real" food, then, convinced that it is, indeed cruel, they back away, profoundly offended.

Joanie