[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Lily has a bald spot

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 04:49:07 EDT 2012

Nothing to add to Ann's excellent reply except to mention that, when her
shipment of our usual Vet Sect Repel shampoo was delayed, our Rodentologist
used Nizarol instead with good results. I haven't tried this myself as I
have never been in the unfortunate position of having the Piggyfriends run
out of Repel.

It is hard to pull at the hair to remove any loose bits but it has to be
done. Being cruel to be kind is difficult when you are dealing with a dear
little piggy.

This is just a thought in passing but could the fact that the girls have a
pen that is all plexiglass contribute to the accumulation of fungal spores?
There will be no throughput of air as there would be in a pen with mesh
sides. I raise plant cuttings in old aquariums, which keep up the humidity
necessary to keep the cuttings turgid. Admittedly my aquariums are much
smaller than a piggy pen and I can add lids to keep the moisture in but it
was just a random thought. Any microbiologists in the building?

Penny and the Piggyfriends.