[Gpdd] miscellaneous question about food safety

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 12:32:34 EDT 2012

Hi Julie,

I don't know what grows in Australia but, here in England, there are many
herbs that piggies can eat.

My herd love plantain, both the broad leaved and the narrow leaved variety,
yarrow, chickweed, shepherd's purse, sow thistle and lemon balm. Dandelion
is a herbaceous plant but I guess that everyone knows about that one and
the piggies certainly do. Have a look at Galen's Garden.........

http://www.herbs-and-homoeopathy.co.uk/herbs-for-herbivores.php

.......where you can read about all kinds of herbs from A-Z that are safe
for little herbivores, together with details about their medicinal uses.

Some of my herd will eat coriander but it is not a favourite. They only get
it when it is mixed with the assorted leaves that my farmer friend saves
for me when he is preparing his veggies for local restaurants.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.