[Gpdd] HEALTH & MISC: Barney's teeth and adoptable pigs

Anneli Cochrane arcochrane at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:16:03 EDT 2012

Hello all,
So as many of you know, I adopted Barney a few weeks ago from someone who
wanted to kill him. He has settled in quite nicely and seems to be eating
well, but lately I noticed he eats oddly. I don't know exactly how to
explain it, but he does better if I cut his food up into smaller pieces. I
did not inspect his teeth when he first came, but yesterday I did. I found
that he only has 1 front top tooth, the other one is a nub as it had broken
off. His 2 bottom front teeth are fine, and everything appeared to be in
line (although I did not get a good look as he fought me ardently). Front
piggie teeth continue to grow right? So won't he grow the other tooth back?
I should have looked at his teeth when he came, because now I am wondering
if maybe this happened with me from chewing on the bars of the cages trying
to get to the sows, but who knows. I have had boars chew on the cage bars
for years and have never seen a tooth issue.

Pig lovers in the UK, check out this momma sow and beautiful babies up for
adoption: https://www.facebook.com/WoodGreenTheAnimalsCharity