[Gpdd] Fwd: Re: [Misc.] Wheeking

Admin gpdd-admin at gpdd.org
Mon Aug 27 15:23:12 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Misc.] Wheeking
Date: 	Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Audrey Binder <agbmcmd at yahoo.com>
To: 	gpdd-owner at gpdd.org <gpdd-owner at gpdd.org>

My dear little Gordon does not wheek at all and he is over 8 year old.
He has a good vocabulary with all kinds of sounds, but no wheeking.  He
"talks", complains, and purrs, but does not wheek.  The only time I have
ever heard him wheek was a few years ago, when I was watching a friends'
2 guinea pigs when they went on vacation.  The 2 "visitors" arrived with
their own individual cages, which were put in the living room with
Gordon's cage.  Gordon let out several very loud wheeks, and was not
friendly to our visiting guests during their stay.  I am pretty sure
that Gordon thinks he is a person and when he talks to you, he is sure
that you know exactly what he is saying.  His quietness has allowed me
to take him (read sneak) into all kinds of places where piggies are not
allowed, so the quietness does have its advantages.  My first piggie,
Reese, had a very different personality and wheeked all the time.  So, I
guess some piggies wheek, and some don't.
Audrey, mama to Gordon