[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Piggy Friends!

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Fri Aug 31 08:31:39 EDT 2012

Hello All,

After about a year, two of my piggies have finally decided they can be
friends! I moved this past week, so with the new place I put together new
peegy cages. Benito, Gruden von Squeakycheeks, and Edgeworth all ahd their
own cages because they've gotten into fights with each other in the past.

Here is the first setup, three cages for three peegies. Gruden gets a
second floor because he is a hyper little thing and likes to do
zoomies: http://nflightdesign.com/files/piggies/piggyfriends/orgsetup.jpg

After Benito and Gruden settled in and realized that they couldn't see each
other that well over the sides of the cages, they went bananas. They would
stand on their hind legs and squeak at each other:
http://nflightdesign.com/files/piggies/piggyfriends/grudentalkingtobenito.jpg

I ended up breaking down the sides of two of the cages and putting up a
grid so they could see each other better. Here Gruden is trying to pull
down the middle grids to get to Benito:
http://nflightdesign.com/files/piggies/piggyfriends/grudenbreakingdowncage.jpg

Benito did a ton of chewing from his side:
http://nflightdesign.com/files/piggies/piggyfriends/benitoonhisside.jpg

I went out to do some errands and came back to find Benito on Gruden's
side! What a rascal. He somehow managed to break through the middle of the
grids and squeeze through a 1" gap. I dunno how he did it, being so pudgey
and all. Since the piggies worked so hard to be together and weren't
fighting, I figured they should stick together.  Edgeworth is a solo piggy,
but he comes over to the corner to talk to Gruden sometimes.  I'm happy two
of the piggies decided they were buddies!

http://nflightdesign.com/files/piggies/piggyfriends/finallayout.jpg
http://nflightdesign.com/files/piggies/piggyfriends/piggyfriends.jpg

Jocelyn, Edgeworth, Benito, and Gruden von Squeakcheeks