[Gpdd] Announcement; We have another piggy

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 06:44:57 EST 2012

Well the title says it all lol, after deciding that 2 pigs was enough we were seduced by the dark side (the one that says 1 more wont hurt)

On Sunday I noticed the boys had run out of food and the only pet shop open was one that sells animals after avoiding them for years we had to go in for supplies, they have an adoption section and we couldnt resist having a look, there in a glass fish tank type cage was a little piggy looking really fed up, we managed to leave the shop with only the food we had come for.

Sunday evening OH confessed he had phoned pet store to ask about the piggy it was a boy, OH christened him Jim.

Monday after work OH said "shall we go see Jim" being the weak woman I am I agreed, we got there and Jim was still there looking sad, so we asked to see him properly, after checking him over he seemed healthy so we decided to bring him home.

The shop told us he was about a year old and couldnt go with another pig as he was a bully (really??)

We got him home treated him with Panacur and Ivermectin, cut his nails which were very long and weighed him (928g) based on weight and nails we actually think he is about 8 months old.

Jim is ginger and white with funny hairstyle he has a sort of crest and then a sort of ridgeback type line of sticking up hair down his back, apart from nipping me when I was cutting his nails Jim seems like a normal gentle pig not a bully at all but we shall have to see.

At the moment he is in quarantine but he can sense the other boys, he climbs up the bars to see them, gnaws the bars and wheeks, what do Spooky and Hector do? totally ignore him OH is now calling him ghost pig lol

So welcome to Little Jim our newest addition (for now lol)

"A half read book is a half-finished love affair" David Mitchell Cloud Atlas