[Gpdd] MISC- Mimi chewing stuff

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Dec 9 03:53:38 EST 2012

This is a new issue for me. I would recommend a vet visit.  I would have him
check all her teeth and her mouth for some change. I would offer her other
things to chew on. Do you cut up her salad; serve it in whole chunks except
celery because of the string. Is there anything missing from the cuddle cup?
Is she eating it? To be sure check her poo's for fibers and have the vet
feel her for accumulations in her digestive tract.

I would worry a bit because the fake fleece is actually pretty hard fibers.
See if there are other things like card board tubes she would be interested
in chewing.  I would pull the cuddle cups until you are sure she isn't
eating them, find substitutes.

Maybe it distracts her if she is having pain.

It seems also possible that because of her tumor that she has a need for
some nutrient or another like a kid who eats dirt. I found this website
http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/behavior/pica.html#  The interesting
this the article says is that whatever the kid seems driven to eat rarely is
the right thing to satisfy whatever deficiency there may be. I used the
search on Google "pica kids who eat dirt" as there were lots of results.

So this is my brain picked.  They are just my wild guesses based on
intuition. Please remember I am not a piggie professional in any sense of
the word. There may be a simple answer a vet might have.
Good luck   Sandy, Sammy, and AR.