[Gpdd] HEALTH: Food

Victoria Lundy victoria at inactivists.com
Sat Feb 4 14:44:23 EST 2012

With our sick Sylvia (who had the inexplicable diarrhea) we went to a very
simple food regimen to help figure out what was going on with her. In the
end, we fed only Oxbow Cavy Cuisine and Timothy Hay. Consequently, both pigs
would not eat -- in the case of Sylvia's house mate, she still hasn't
bounced back, weight wise. I had to put them back on Manna Pro to get my
other pig to eat. I've NEVER been able to get my GPs to eat Cavy Cuisine --
they literally go on  a hunger strike, no matter how I introduce it.

I've tried may different things over the years, and I have a strange pair
right now -- one is a picky eater, the other will eat almost anything
(except Cavy Cuisine).

What pelleted / combination foods are GPDDers using?