[Gpdd] CARE: Male pigs

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sun Feb 5 12:42:31 EST 2012

Hi all,

As you know, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2 female piggies to adopt.  There seems to be an excess of males but no young females that are showing up at the shelter.

I was trying to hold out for females but am beginning to wonder if I might not do just as well with males.  My question has to do with their hygiene.  I seem to recall reading on here at one time or another that males sometimes need to have the end of their penis cleaned.  Am I remembering correctly?  Because if that is true, there is no way I'm going with males.  I am afraid I would do something horrible to them trying to keep them well!

Any input would be appreciated.  I got my hubby to take me to the local Pet Supermarket today just to get a piggy fix.  I picked up a baby male that was gray and white and of course, I fell in love immediately.  He crawled up under my chin then proceeded to try to burrow under my jacket.  I was tempted but I stayed strong and just some piggy petting in and then headed out the door.  Sigh.  I sure do miss my girls.  I hope this will all come to be when we get home from Mississippi on Feb. 16th.  Keep your fingers and paws crossed that the right piggies will come into my life then!

Hugs and whisker kisses all around,
Lynn, Samantha & Tabitha at the bridge and in my heart