[Gpdd] CARE: Male pigs

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 04:56:05 EST 2012

Hello Lynn,

I am so pleased that you are thinking of giving a lovely home to more
piggies.

I love boars and sows equally. On the whole, I think that boars have more
pigsonality. They are generally more outgoing but I have had many extrovert
sows too.

I don't find that the cleaning out of boar parts is too much to ask in
repayment for all the love that they give.

Younger boars do not generally need much extra care and a lot of my older
ones do not present any problems either. Occasionally an older one will get
impacted but these are few and far between. I clean out their nether
regions as part of their shampooing process. A quick wipe of their penises
with a cotton bud smeared with oil and a clean out of their sac with the
shower hose which I use for the shampoo and that's it.

On the plus side, boars are never going to suffer with sow problems such as
ovarian cysts.

I have been doing this for years and years and have had loads of practice
but I am sure that I could clean out a boar with my eyes shut so if Earl
can help you with the little bit of extra boar care, I am sure that you
could manage it.

Boars are usually bigger and, in my opinion, more placid ( with the
exception of my crazy Dorian ) so boars might be easier for you to catch
and cuddle.

This has to be the right decision for your circumstances so good luck with
whatever you do.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.