[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT- I'm back & the babies are here

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:02:37 EST 2012

Jaime,

You were right about her being pregnant! What is the HL's excuse for
telling you that she could not be as she had been with them longer than her
gestation period? Someone there made a mistake, either with the date of her
arrival or maybe putting her with a boar.

I am so glad that the babes are healthy and that she is nursing them. That
will save you a lot of work hand rearing them.

If she were mine, I would just keep her very clean and dry and treat any
sores with something very mild like Vaseline. You would not want the babes
to ingest anything harmful when they are suckling.

My Rodentologists would not administer antibiotics unless it was life
threatening for fear of harming the babes. Paediatric Septrin ( I think
that you call it Bactrim??  ) is possibly the mildest but they recommend
holding back on this and just keeping her clean and dry and use something
soothing so that she does not bite at the sores. They use something called
Orobase but I don't know if this is available in the US. I am sure that I
have seen Vaseline for sale there.

Hugs for little Mel. She has certainly been through the wars and I am happy
that she and her babes are safe with you.

What a shame that you cannot share pigtures. Take lots and maybe we can see
them in the future.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.